A carefully selected blend of 12 powerful botanical oils that will nourish, strengthen and protect your skin. Bursting with EFA’s, vitamins and antioxidants, this topical facial oil is a rich booster to add into any skin care regime.
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil 30ml
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is suitable for most skin types including very sensitive skin. While heavy in consistency, the formulation is non-comedogenic, which means that it won’t block pores or cause pimples. With its nourishing lipids it is particularly beneficial for dry skin and has proved helpful for treating rosacea and dry skin conditions.
12 BOTANICAL OILS – MEET THE CHOSEN ONES
The 12 botanical oils I chose for the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil contain phospholipids and glycolipids, natural constituents of beautiful skin and good water-binding agents, which enhance optimal barrier function.
Individually, each oil has been chosen for a specific reason.
Together these oils form a powerful blend that support skin barrier function, moisture levels and supply many vital nutrients that are needed topically.
1. Argan Oil is touted as ‘liquid gold’ due to its ability to moisturise lack-luster skin. It is high in EFA’s and vitamin E, two key players in helping the skin stay hydrated and preventing further moisture loss.
2. Jojoba Oil is compositionally the closest oil to our own natural sebum and therefore helps strengthen the skin’s protective function. Fun fact: jojoba oil is technically a wax.
3. Avocado Oil is full of vitamins and anti-oxidants, all of which are essential for beautiful skin.
4. Borage Oil is nature’s richest source of gamma linolenic acid, a secondary essential fatty acid, which helps repair the skin barrier faster than any other essential fatty acid. It decreases water loss, helping the skin stay hydrated and flexible. It is rich in vitamins and minerals as well as two important polyphenols; ferulic acid, which is a very effective anti-oxidant that can repair sun and weather induced skin damage and ellagic acid, which reduces collagen destruction.
5. Calendula Oil speeds healing, reduces inflammation and improves epidermal differentiation.
6. Rosehip Oil contains tretinoin, a vitamin A derivative that delays the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration and promotes the increase of collagen and elastin levels.
7. Tamanu Seed Oil has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties. It is a most unusual oil because of its ability to penetrate deeply into the skin.
8. Vitamin E Oil is an important antioxidant that protects the more delicate oils in the collection from oxidation.
9. Grapeseed Oil also helps prevent oxidation of the blend but in addition it contributes to skin repair and regeneration.
10. French Lavender Essential Oil has strong skin soothing and healing properties and assists in cooling and calming inflamed skin.
11. Sandalwood Essential Oil is beneficial for many skin types from dry, dehydrated skins to oily skins and acne.
12. Rose Geranium Essential Oil is wonderful for balancing the oil production of the skin making it valuable for treating oily or dry skin and everything in between!
WE ONLY LET THE GOOD LIGHT IN
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is packaged in specially crafted MIRON Violet Glass bottles, which prolongs the potency of the oil blend. Plants need sunshine to grow and to activate their vital properties, but once those plant actives are extracted, light becomes damaging. Miron Violet Glass blocks the complete spectrum of visible light with the exception of the violet part, which energises rather than decays the oils. In essence, these beautiful deep violet bottles are care for your skin by letting the good light in and keeping the harmful light out.
THE RITUAL: Take time for you. Partially fill your hand basin with warm water. Immerse your Bestow Soaking Cloth, wring out excess water and press damp cloth to your face while taking five slow, deep breaths. Repeat this step to ensure your skin is fully hydrated. Apply any toners, mists or serums that you desire. Lock in all that precious moisture by using the tips of your fingers to gently massage 1-2 drops of Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil into your still damp skin. You can then apply your usual moisturiser if you wish. Go into your day or evening with grace and gratitude.
This relaxing ritual is best done two to three times a week or every day if your skin needs extra nourishment and protection. Can be used morning or evenings